Monday, December 20, 2010

Let the Christmas baking begin

I actually feel a little behind this year but I think that is because I am scaling back so I'm not starting as soon as I normally do. There year there will be no Christmas candy. I'm not that good at making it and we rarely eat all of it. My speciality is cookies and I've narrowed that down to a handful of our favorites. Matt will get his favorite chocolate star cookies and, of course, William will help bake some sugar cookies for Santa. Don't worry, there will be plenty for everyone though and they will have lots of icy and sprinkles. My guys love their sweet icing. To a few of those I plan to add some cocoa to make chocolate reindeer. And a sleeper hit from Christmas past will be eggnog cookies which, ironically, contain no eggnog. When I first made them Matt was skeptical but he ended up loving them.

Also on tap is a gingerbread cake with a cream cheese topping, pecan "surprise" pie, and perhaps a pumpkin pie just because we all love pumpkin pie.

Later I'll get into Christmas dinner. And our weight loss plan for 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment