Thursday, May 3, 2012

Smell-o-Blog

Wouldn't that be nice?  It would be today anyway.  I would love to share with you the smells coming from my kitchen.  It's a long story but I am home from work unexpectedly so I thought why not start dinner at 11:00 a.m.  Seems natural right?  Actually, I had a dinner planned for the slow cooker and simply gave it a little boost. 

Right now I have bell peppers stuffed with turkey Italian sausage, minced garlic, diced onions, and diced zucchini cooking away in a tomato sauce.  It's my little riff on sausage and peppers.  If only I could pronounce it as I recall from watching 'The Godfather' - "sahsahge and pehppahs".  But alas, I am but a poor Midwesterner lacking any type of accent whatsoever.  Also, since I'm home, I threw ingredients in the bread machine for an Italian peasant loaf.  I love few smells more than that of baking bread.

An added bonus to my meal, is I'm utilizing tools that won't heat up the kitchen.  You see, it is an atypical 90 degrees in May and out of pure stubbornness, we are not yet using our air-conditioner.  It actually isn't even prepped for the season yet.  So instead of heating a pan on the stove top and using the oven, my kitchen will stay at a moderate temperature.  And I don't have to worry about sweating or looking as red as a tomato as I serve my family.  Oops, I'm a lady so I mean glistening.  We don't sweat, of course.

Considering, I have made neither of these items in this exact way before, I just hope dinner tastes as good as it smells.  For now, I'll just enjoy a good snnniiifffffffffffff

No comments:

Post a Comment