Saturday, January 8, 2011

Dreaming

Ultimate dream #1- to publish a successful cookbook. Dream #2 - to cook along side Bobby Flay on Grill It! with Bobby Flay. My ultimate Food Network crush is Tyler Florance but I feel like I get Bobby's culinary perspective more. He does what I dream of...cook with spice. I love spice. Oh, how I love it. But my body betrays me and I am allergic to hot peppers. Alas! I do rebel from time to time and throw caution to the wind. I cook with peppers. I eat them followed by Benedryl.

But, holy cow, what would I give to have an Iron Chef give me the time of day???? I am so torn. Beef seems like the ultimate grilled food yet I think pork tenderloin could be my coup de grace. But it really is all just a dream. I can't plate, I would probably giggle if Matt tried to record me, and I'm not sure I have the confidence. I can't imagine anyone thinking I'm worthy of being on national television with a Food Network icon so I will sit back, watch, dream, and make my family culinarily happy. As my friends know me to say - le sigh. Let's hope spring comes soon and my best friend uncovers herself soon so I can make my family happy and get the small bit Mmmmm I dream of.

No comments:

Post a Comment