Monday, March 7, 2011

I am a published recipe author

Sure it's for my son's weekly newsletter at school but still...

A while back the principal sent a plea to parents because Market Day sales were not going well. I proposed an idea where I would periodically submit a recipe to the school newsletter sharing how I use Market Day recipes. Well, periodically turned into a weekly gig so I have been scrambling to come up with recipes each week. I'm having fun but I have to submit my piece by Tuesday evening. Sometimes 10:00 p.m. Tuesday comes and I have an "oh shoot!" moment. But I haven't missed a "deadline" yet. I'm anxious to see if my recipes boost March sales at all.

I debuted with beef stew. Simple yet something almost everyone loves. I followed the next week with garlic crusted pork tenderloin and baby baked potatoes with a roasted red pepper sauce. Last week was Mediterranean inspired chicken piard. This week I think I will go a little more kid friendly and try ravioli "lasagna".

I'll keep you posted on the sales.

2 comments:

  1. You are so funny. But it's some recognition right? ;) Love you sweets!

    ReplyDelete